Telecom Asset Management, Mapping and Inventory
As a telecom manager in your organization, would it be beneficial if you could:
- Quickly determine the exact location of all your telecom assets in the field?
- Easily determine which of your telecom assets require inspection and preventative maintenance this year?
- Readily identify which of your assets are impacted by the latest firmware release from a vendor?
- Effortlessly forecast which of your telecom assets will need to be replaced in the next five or ten years?
- Promptly discover which of your assets are readily available for deployment from a company-owned warehouse?
Our comprehensive Telecom Asset Management, Mapping, and Inventory solution can help you quickly and confidently answer these questions and many, many more.
TAMMI, our web-based telecom asset management system, was designed to help your organization better capitalize on your installed equipment, help improve operational efficiency and lower the overall cost of ownership. Furthermore, our solution can expose weakness and opportunity that maximize the potential and value of your entire installed base.
In the same way an electrical network needs managing, a telecommunications network needs managing – knowing where the network assets are, how they are connected and how they are performing to deliver services to their end customers.
But setting up an effective telecom asset management strategy can be challenging. The wide range of technologies, processes and stakeholders makes it difficult both to obtain maximum value from telecom investments and to mitigate risks to the organization. A holistic approach to managing telecom hardware is required for success.
Our system, built upon communications industry standards and well-established workflows, has a centralized asset data repository in place that leverages technology rules and business process best practice. Without this foundation, far too much effort would be spent on manual record keeping and playing catch up after the fact.
The telecom industry relies on millions of sites and assets, ranging from massive monopoles to camouflaged small cells that are nearly impossible to find. Plotting where all the sites are, which assets are deployed at each site location, and easily being able to locate them is difficult to do and time-consuming.
Our solution for managing your communications infrastructure provides you with the ability to:
- Maintain a complete “install base” in a single, complete, and consistent data repository.
- End-to-end life cycle tracking and management of every telecom asset.
- Import existing widget data from a multitude of existing systems, applications, and data stores.
- Track and manage telecom assets once they have been received or are being staged.
- Create and maintain asset records using multiple techniques – such as manual input, barcode, and RFID.
- Track and manage telecom widgets that are being stored as spares.
- Track and manage telecom assets that are being prepared for removal, deactivation and asset disposal.
- Access specifications, configuration documents, and photos associated with every telecom widget.
- Track equipment inspection records, planned maintenance, and other scheduled activities.
- Secure your asset data via multiple access levels – including NERC-CIP (restricted), internal users, and external vendors.
- Secure critical and high-value assets from being stolen by ensuring that their location is tracked.
- Secure critical, high-value assets from being compromised by ensuring firmware updates are completed as required.
- Access a full range of reporting to meet compliance, security, and financial requirements.
- Leverage consistent processes for operations, maintenance, and disposal tasks.
TAMMI is an end-to-end solution for managing multi-vendor, multi-technology networks, encompassing integrated service and network-level data. The solution provides a comprehensive, integrated view of the entire network, bringing together inside and outside plant for the planning and management of physical and logical networks.
Our comprehensive telecom asset management system solution offers significant benefits in the following areas:
- Storing data in a single system reduces the need to access multiple systems for information and deploy ad hoc site audits.
- Instead of sending out trucks or digging through multiple systems every time you need to perform a site modification, you can access information immediately through our system — effectively reducing the time and cost of your projects.
- Pulling together site data and project-related documentation into an infrastructure lifecycle management system helps to ensure that everyone — your employees, vendors, and customers — has appropriate access to a single source of information.
- It also streamlines workflow across multiple vendors working on a project, helping to reduce errors that may result from missing critical deadlines or lacking insight into correct data. Ultimately, it also gives you greater visibility into active projects to ensure each one is on track.
REDUCED OPERATING EXPENSES (Reduced capital and asset-related operating costs)
- Cost reduction when “underutilized” assets are identified and used, thereby improving asset utilization and performance.
- Extend the life of your assets, leading to decreased reactive work, lower asset failure rates and cost savings by to ensuring that equipment is inspected and maintained in compliance with environmental and safety regulations and lease agreements.
- Preserve asset value by keeping them in optimal operational condition.
- Eliminate unnecessary truck rolls in break/fix scenarios.
- Enhanced utilization and deployment of unused and cannibalized assets.
- Managing asset lifecycle, especially when assets removed from service, could be a major cost savings.
- Better plan and manage capital investments and operations.
- Support both strategic and operational network planning.
- Elevate operational visibility and collaboration with a central repository of all site information.
- Analyze and forecast asset life spans to avoid expensive repairs at the end of an asset’s lifecycle.
- Integrate facility and asset information for more accurate budget forecasting.
- Accurately captured “install base” helps determined what should be maintained in (spare parts) inventory.
- Easier identification of technologically phased-out items to avoid further procurement.
- Establish effective controls on inward/outward and cannibalization of assets.
- Effective capture of material movement to and from the site.
- Establish controls to record movement of material for repair and return (R&R), scrap and replacement.
- Consistent process steps to ensure equipment is inspected and maintained in compliance with environmental and safety regulations and lease agreements on a precise schedule.
To learn more about our Telecom Asset Management Mapping and Inventory (TAMMI) solution or receive a quote, feel free to contact us via the Request Form on our Contact Us page, via email or call us at 980-225-7449. We look forward to discussing your needs in greater detail.